Melamine Barrier Film
Alka-Max M Specialty Concrete Form Overlay
Paneltech’s Alka-Max M is a high resin content specialty overlay composed of a bleached kraft paper saturated with high levels of a melamine resin. Its higher resin content gives a smooth, glossy surface well suited for maximum durability as a concrete forming surface. It gives a very smooth surface finish to concrete and will release easily from set concrete when used with the appropriate form release.
Alka-Max M bonds well to a 396C cushion sheet. Alka- Max M has undergone extensive field testing and exceeds the requirements of the PS1-19 Voluntary Product Standard. Alka-Max M uses the same well-proven release system as Paneltech HDO, minimizing the residue buildup on press cauls typical of competitive products. Use of this product over suitable hardwood veneers is recommended. Best results can be achieved using cauls or press surfaces free from scratches and dents, as these will transfer to the panel overlay.
- Hard , abrasion resistant surface
- Smooth architectural finish on concrete
- Increases alkalinity resistance of concrete form
- Quality controlled continuously by online weight and volatile sensors, calibrated hourly
- Each sheet visually inspected
- No buildup of release on cauls